Union-Bosses CollusionOne of the most basic freedoms people have in a free society is economic freedom. Without economic freedom and liberty people will be oppressed. In every society there are always people who will collude to grab power and wealth for themselves at the expense of others. One of the great pretences and myths in current societies is that unions protect ‘workers’ against the oppression of bosses. But this is a naïve and foolish view of what actually happens in practice.
The reality, based on evidence, is that big unions and big businesses will and do collude to suppress and restrict competition. Under normal competition law this is illegal and criminal. But competition policy assumes that only businesses will collude with each other. The idea of unions colluding with businesses for anti-competitive purposes is confusing for competition regulators. They don’t know what to do and therefore do nothing!
ICA is collecting evidence of Union-Bosses collusion on this section of our Website. As always, it’s the little person who suffers.
Transport Sector: Toll colludes with TWU
- ICA takes legal action against ACCC for allowing union-bosses collusion (2015)
- Competition watchdog double standard
- Transport giant Toll gives evidence it colludes with TWU. ICA lodges formal objection. (July 2014)
ICA Submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry into Public Infrastructure: Big business collusion (February 2014)
- Unions-busineses conspire in concrete sector (July 2014)
- Big business conspires against lower construction costs (June 2014)
- Construction sector: Enforcement regime paying dividends (March 2014)
- Rocking the Establishment Mark II: YouTube presentation (February 2014)
- Abbott government takes on big business-union 'establishment' (February 2014)